The Cultural Volunteers module of FAWCO's Youth Program is designed to foster cultural awareness and volunteerism among FAWCO youths. FAWCO teens aged 15 - 18 are hosted by FAWCO families for a week, and will experience a new culture while volunteering with local charities, working side-by-side with local teens. As part of the program, the participants will create a video about their experiences, and write individual essays reflecting on what they learn. Participants will be able to receive community service credits required by their International Baccalaureate program.
The FAWCO Youth team is thrilled to announce the FAWCO Youth Cultural Volunteers Program for 2018: This year’s program will take place in Berlin, Germany from June 23-30, 2018 and is open to FAWCO teens, ages 15-18.
Program participants will:
- Be hosted in AWC Berlin members’ homes, or if not enough hosts are available, participants will stay in a reasonably-priced hotel together with host chaperones.
- Have the opportunity to volunteer in different local charities.
- Visit various cultural and historical locations.
- Receive community service credits for school or IB program, if requested. Costs to participants are travel expenses, spending money, and some meals. A budget will be provided. At the end of the week, participants will be asked to complete two assignments:
• an INDIVIDUAL creative writing piece and
• GROUP project - visual presentation/slide show about their experience.
Deadline for applications is April 30, 2018.
Any questions? Contact the Youth Co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.