The AWCZ is a dynamic, international community representing all ages, backgrounds and nationalities. Although roughly 65 percent of our members are originally from the United States, the other 35 percent are from around the world, yet have lived or worked in or have close ties to the United States. While English is the Club's working language, other languages are often spoken among our members. We’d love to have you join us!
With AWCZ Membership Comes Privilege:
Access to our centrally located Clubhouse to meet with friends over tea or coffee, surf the Internet on our free Wi-Fi, or swap magazines and paperbacks
Access to our English-language Library with over 6500 books and 1200 DVDs
Access to diverse events and activities each month, including American holiday celebrations, monthly Clubhouse coffees, neighborhood meet-ups, activity groups, and annual programs
Art Exhibition space with our Gallery at the Club, available for rental at member rates, with Gallerist to assist exhibitors.
Access to affiliated activity groups, support networks and meet up opportunities
Well-equipped rooms and a professional kitchen available for rental at member rates
Annual subscription to The Round Robin magazine and electronic newsletter
Access to our FaceBook page
Secured login access to the AWCZ website, membership map and directory
FAWCO Membership (Federation of American Women's Clubs Overseas)
Educational and development grant programs through FAWCO
FAUSA membership (FAWCO Alumni USA) to assist with the move back home
Connections to other women's clubs throughout Switzerland and the world through FAWCO membership
Volunteer opportunities and hands on involvement in local and global charities
AWC Zurich Works for You
Income from your membership dues help support our clubhouse rent and operations, coffee and tea provided free to our members, our many activities and events, publication and mailing of our bi-monthly members magazine- the Round Robin, and the website. AWC Zurich also receives income from advertising in the Round Robin and on the website, room rentals, and profits from fundraising events such as the Christmas Market and Workshop Week. Revenues collected from Library fees and book sales support the purchase of books for our Library. Between Board members, Activity Coordinators and Chairs, and numerous other dedicated AWC volunteers, our members spend hundreds of hours each week to keep our club working. Our clubhouse is run by members, for members.
The AWC Zurich Community
Beginning in 1931, the AWC Zurich dedicated itself to providing opportunities for friendship and personal development. This tradition remains strong today. We offer a wide variety of ever changing activities and events to suit our evolving membership and provide opportunities to grow and connect as a community. We strive to be a network of support and fellowship that embraces the international climate within Zurich and Switzerland as a whole. To read more about our history, click here.
AWC Zurich Gives Back
As an established non-profit organization, AWC Zurich has a strong history of local and international philanthropy, community service, and outreach. We are a founding member of the Federation of American Women’s Clubs Overseas, an international network of organizations that holds Special Consultative Status with the United Nations as an accredited Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). AWC Zurich and FAWCO support the United Nations through its Global Issues Task Forces and Target Program. Our members make a difference! Click here to learn more.
Locally, our very own Philanthropy and Social Engagement (PhASE) team spearheads the AWCZ’s support of local organizations through our Club Sponsored Charity with hands-on involvement and fundraising.
Member to Member Care Team
The Member to Member Care Team provides—whenever possible and as often as possible-—short-term, support to AWCZ members who require special assistance. For example, a member may be recovering from surgery and need help with grocery shopping, getting to a doctor’s appointment or driving children to their after-school activities. Know a member in need? Please let us know so we may reach out.
Apply for membership NOW!